Welcome to Ouroboros Gaming!

Will fill this in later...but you should register! [Registration on this forum is through Steam, there are currently no other means of registration]

MoleMad's big dumb TTT suggestion list

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MoleMad, Mar 5, 2018.

1. MoleMad New Member

If you can't tell, I'm really excited for this "clean slate" of TTT-FUN/Ouroboros servers, and with new active management taking care of things, I think this would be a really good time to list out some addons to add and other miscellaneous additions/changes I would want to the new TTT servers.

NOTE: Most of the addons in this list are commercial code from Gmodstore.com, but I'm fully willing to pay for any/all of the ones that staff decides to include.

1. Some type of server hopper addon

One issue I noticed with the old TTT-FUN servers is that since it was a multiserver community, people would often open up their server list and switch to another TTT-FUN server whenever they got bored/tired of the current one. However, some players when they see this assume the leaving player just got bored of playing gmod, leading to a chain reaction of people logging off and all the servers suffering as a whole. It would probably be easy enough to code in lua, but if you want there is a nice cheap hopper script on gmodstore that displays a message when a player hops and shows info like the map the server is running, number of players, names of players, etc. (Click image to see page)

[​IMG]
    2. BOT Dan's Gmod Jukebox

I've gone over this one before, but basically it's a simple jukebox addon that works for ANY gamemode, where you can add songs to a list through youtube videos and either listen to them yourself, or play it for the whole server to hear by spending pointshop points. The addon has it's own system where certain ranks are required to review and accept the submitted videos, so there's no threat of trolls and minges abusing it to spam loud deafening sounds. Click the image below to see the gmodstore page with a full list of features and details.

[​IMG]
    3. illyea's Solid Map Vote

I think most would agree the old TTT-FUN mapvote was ugly and barley functioning. The classic fretta mapvote functions well enough, but with only a scrunched up list of names to go by, it's not as easy to know what you're getting into. Solid Map Vote adds a slick animated UI along with new config options and features like an extend map vote, random map vote, map nominations, "Fair map selection" if you want lesser played maps to have a better chance of being voted, and more! (Click image below to see page)

[​IMG]
    4. Round Alert

Literally just 1 to 2 lines of LUA code. A very simple addon that on round start or respawn, plays a sound and makes the gmod icon in the task bar flash if the user is tabbed out. This ensures players who frequently multitask know when the round has started so they're not caught standing afk and being killed.
    5. Rule change regarding T weapons

Oh hey, something that ISN'T an addon request! Basically, I've noticed it's stupidly easy for anyone to just claim they "found" a T weapon when questioned about it, making it much harder to act on traitors even with valid proof. Therefore, I propose adding/changing the rule so unless you are a detective or a proven innocent, holding out a T weapon or admitting to having one should be kosable at all times.

6. No more pay-to-win donator perks

This is the last and undoubtedly most controversial of my suggestions, which is to do away with any donator perks that are blatantly pay-to-win. "But what does 'Pay-to-Win' even mean?" you may be asking? Basically, if it's a feature or item that gives you an objective gameplay advantage over a non paying player, it is a pay to win perk. This not only includes health and speed upgrades, but also the ability to buy medkits or powerful weapons through the pointshop.

You might be saying "Some of those aren't even donator only though!", and you'd be correct. But if the system rewards donators with extra pointshop points, or allows people to simply purchase the points with real world currency, those players still have the advantage of being able to buy more of those items compared to players who do not get those bonuses. And at the end of the day, it turns off new players to the server when they see guys who've sunk hours in the game also run around with more health and better weapons that are literally impossible for them to achieve without paying.

I hope you take all these suggestions into consideration, and I look forward to the future of Ouroboros Gaming <3

2. Icey Moderator Staff Member Moderator

1. I like this, not a huge priority until we get more servers.
    2. Not a huge fan, I feel like it could be abused or cause lag. I'm not too familiar with the technical side so not confident about lag, but we'll see.
    3. I like this UI, depends on how it contributes to lag.
    4. YES
    5. I disagree with this. I think that's part of the mind game, and should remain as it is.
    6. This isn't an issue yet, so if we stay away from it we should be good.

3. MoleMad New Member

As someone who's worked with the Jukebox addon on other servers, I can confirm it does not cause lag, and adding songs to the shared music library requires staff to review the song/video you submitted, making abuse pretty much impossible. Even if a user spams trashy requests to add, you can blacklist them from making any more, as well as blacklisting them from queuing songs.

4. Sven Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I'm iffy about jukebox but players can mute it to my knowledge so if someone doesn't like it they don't have to take part. Pictures for map voting would be cool, same for new round alert.

The current ruleset says that having a traitor weapon is KOSable unless you're actually proven innocent, meaning you can be killed for just having it out if you aren't proven. I'm of the opinion that if you're waving a traitor weapon around you're asking to be killed anyways and should expect to be shot.

For point shop items, things outside of some cosmetics should be available to anyone that doesn't pay. People should donate because they like the server, not because they want to be able to win more. On a similar note, having huge buffs available to everyone through points can create a large divide between new players with nothing and veteran players with every buff. A 10-20% increase on something isn't massive, but 2x movement speed and jump height is pretty extreme.

5. Kevin God Administrator

The jukebox to me seems somewhat useless, if people want to play personal music they usually do through other means. I would prefer to keep the amount of addons minimal to prevent crashing or lag in the future.

I will never let pay to win happen with the pointshop, the jump boost and fall damage reduction we have now is as high as those are going to go. I have code for pointshop "loot boxes" with fail chances among other things we can think of to keep the content fresh and the points being spent.

6. Arin171 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Student, Gamer, Philosopher
    Home Page:
    I'd have to agree with Icey's ideas on all these suggestions. The round alert, personally is the only one I like at the moment, the other can be ideas for later. And to me the jukebox seems very useless due to abuse.

7. Not Ging New Member

Good idea Icey

8. frembo. New Member

I personally think one of the best things you could possibly add is some sort of real progression. Cool cosmetics, good, but balanced guns, and special rounds for points are all things that I used to love about TTT-FUN. Progression if done well is what is going to keep people playing and coming back to server.